TV

Apr. 10th, 2009 10:14 am
[personal profile] jonsan
Based on rave reviews by [livejournal.com profile] colinmcl, I checked out Better Off Ted last night and I agree with him that it a) is cooler than Coolio and b) will likely get canceled. Here's hoping there are some good extras on the series box set. If you like quirky comedy then go over to ABC's website and watch the episodes they've aired so far.

I also checked out the pilot of The Unusuals, a show centered around a NYPD police precinct, which was better than I expected. The show is quirky and funny, but the main story thread is a mystery about one of the detectives being murdered and the secrets that all of the other police detectives are keeping. The show feels like a mixture of Hill Street Blues, Scrubs, and NYPD Blue. The writing is clever, the mystery at the center of the show is intriguing, and the dialogue is funny. I'm willing to give it six episodes and see if it takes off.

How cool is it that I can check out the latest shows and yet I don't have a cable subscription. Not quite flying cars, but still pretty cool.

What's your new favorite TV show?

Date: 2009-04-10 02:52 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] colinmcl.livejournal.com
I didn't care for the commercials that ABC was airing for The Unusuals, but I do like a lot of the cast members. I'll have to check it out, as I like both procedurals and mysteries. I'm continually amazed that you have no issues with the ABC player. You are the only person I've spoken to that hasn't. Yesterday it was refusing to display in HD for me.

Better Off Ted is fantastic, I just hope the rest of America agrees. Though I highly doubt it.

Date: 2009-04-10 04:55 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] raving-liberal.livejournal.com
The rest of America is deeply stupid, Colin.

Date: 2009-04-10 05:50 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] isarma.livejournal.com
I always have issues with that player. I've stopped using it, but there are loads of other places to watch or download shows:)

Date: 2009-04-10 07:08 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jonsan.livejournal.com
Unusuals could become really bad if they don't handle the mystery aspect of the show well. The female lead's character is an interesting angle for a cop show.

I've never tried watching the ABC shows in HD. I do sacrifice a live chicken to the ABC execs every full moon, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Date: 2009-04-10 05:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] isarma.livejournal.com
I've been thinking about checking out both of those:) Right now? Probably LOST. I really like most everything on Showtime, too, especially The United States of Tara.

Date: 2009-04-10 07:05 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jonsan.livejournal.com
I saw a billboard for Tara and was mildly intrigued. Why is it good?

Date: 2009-04-10 11:51 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] isarma.livejournal.com
I'm pretty much interested in anything on multiples. Besides that, the acting and the writing is pretty great and I like the leads, generally.

Date: 2009-04-10 08:08 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] uutyper.livejournal.com
Not so new, but I love Ugly Betty! Another ABC show and really the thing that's gotten me watching online. I sometimes have problems with the players, but it's gotten better lately. Switched from working better on explorer to working better on firefox. And usually the problems are during the commercials. If they're not, I figure it's worth the trouble, or coming back to it, considering it's totally free. No cable for me, not even a TV!

Порно

Date: 2011-01-27 09:09 am (UTC)
From: (Anonymous)
Видео порно (http://megafreeporn.ru/)

Profile

jonsan

December 2012

S M T W T F S
      1
2 3 45 6 78
910 11 12131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 13th, 2026 07:48 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios